When you were in elementary school, middle school, or high school, there must a time where your school held a school trip out of town. It usually was an obligation for the students to take apart or if it was not, you will join because all of your friends are going.
Elementary, middle, and high school means that the children are still underage that they need adults to take care of them when they are away. That is why it is required for the school or an organization to ask permission from the parents or guardian that they will be responsible to take care of the children
Common Purpose of Permission Slip
A permission slip is given to the parents or guardian of the child to acquire consent for the student to travel away under the care and supervision of the school or organization. Normally, the permission slip will be sent to home through their child. A permission slip is not only a letter to allow the children to join the specific field trip. However, it is a requirement by law that minors must be given consent by their parents or guardian to travel with another adult.
The types of permission slip
There are two types of permission slip and both of them will explain the activity of the field trip. It also will be informed about the date, place and the time as well. Though they have similarities, there are also differences. Here are the types of the permission slip:
The first type is used for the school or organization that will no be fully responsible for anything that will happen to the children. By consenting this form, you will be agreeing that the school or an organization will not be responsible for any mistakes or incident happen to the children caused by the negligence of the school or teacher.
Informed Consent Form
On the contrary, this type of form will inform the parents or the guardian about the activities and any natural risk that might happen caused by the field trip. This form also has a space for the parents or guardian to sign as an agreement that the school will not be accountable to any injury caused by inherent risk but will be responsible if it is caused by the negligence of the school or organization.
The steps to make a permission slip
Providing the permission slip is a need to get the consent of the parents or guardian. There are several steps to make a permission slip. Here are the steps:
- First of all, you have to start by providing information related to what, who, where, when, why and how of the activity that will be held. This refers to what kind of kind of activity is it, who will be the person in charge of the field trip when will be the specific date of the activity, where will it be held, why do the children need to attend the activity, and the last will be how the students.
- The next step would be providing a sentence with the blank space that the parents or guardian need to fill it with the parent’s undersigned name, the child’s name and the name of the school or organization.
- After that, put a blank form which provides the child’s name, date of birth, sex, and any allergies, medical conditions or concern.
- It would be thoughtful if it has a space for the emergency number. It will be filled with the number phone of the parents or guardian or the personal doctor.
- Last, give space at the bottom of the form for the parent’s signature to mark that they give consent by signing the form.
A permission slip is an important document to be made when a school or organization held an activity involved minors. The form is to mark that the parents or guardian give consent to their child to participate.